Tuesday 13 July 2010

Rubbish!

We are moved. And not too far off unpacked too. I have relearned the bus routes to and from work. (I got on the wrong bus home today but the driver took pity on me and kindly explained which number buses go in which directions at what times. I'm sure it doesn't really have to be so complicated!) Even Samson seems fairly settled, and has been eyeing the other local cats through the windows...

Moving in to a new place is fine - it's moving out I really hate. After a long Saturday toing and froing in my brother's van, and a long Sunday removing the leftovers destined for car boot sales and the tip, Mum and I still spent seven hours on Monday cleaning the old place and packing up the last of the crap - stuff I'd forgotten about in corners and cupboards and sheds, some of it for years.

It's amazing, and a little depressing, how much stuff we end up having to throw away, even though we try so hard not to. However, I'm always so impressed by our local tip. Ahem. Sorry. Household Waste Recycling Centre. It's open 7 days a week until 6pm; waste is sorted into dozens of types; it's always well manned so that if in doubt you can ask where to put something (and if you haven't sorted your waste properly, someone will make sure that you do!); and even after dumping, your waste will be sorted even more carefully into different materials before sending off for recycling. I actually wished I had taken my camera so I could show you better!

Anyway, enough of this rubbish. Normal blogging service will be resumed tomorrow (or Thursday at the latest) with tuna nicoise salad, mutant beans, and an update from the garden (because Lord only knows what's happening at the allotment this week...)

1 comment:

Jo said...

Glad to hear that the move went well, back to gardening now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...