Friday 16 March 2007

Weeds

I hate them! I was approaching this calmly until now but yesterday I spent four hours digging and pulling out weed roots and we only cleared another 2ft of the plot! And we've still got this much to go!
I shouldn't complain too much I suppose; my allotment-neighbour Terry had shoulder-high nettles to deal with when he took over his plot! So I'll count my blessings...
Jess (my lil sis) helped out yesterday too, which was fun, but the slowness of progress is just depressing right now, and my seeds still haven't arrived so I can't even start planting seedlings, which would feel a bit more productive!

1 comment:

Roger Distill said...

I love the blog, Nome! It'll be fabulous in twelve months time, when you've blogged a whole year's experience on the plot. I will watch with great interest! God bless you both through this new venture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...