Summer Chicken Stew
- Roughly chop an onion and saute in a little oil until just translucent.
- Add chicken pieces (bone in, skin on) to the pan, skin side down, and brown. Turn them over and briefly brown the flesh side too, then remove from the pan.
- Add new potatoes to the pan (washed, skins on) and coat in the chicken fat. Then place the chicken pieces back in, on top of the potatoes, and add chicken stock to cover.
- Add baby carrots.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a bare simmer.
- Boil or steam the broad beans, and pop them from their skins if you like (I don't bother).
- After the stew has been simmering for 50 minutes, add peas and a few chopped lovage leaves.
- After 10 more minutes, add the cooked broad beans.
- Check the potatoes are cooked through, check seasoning, add chopped mint off the heat, and serve.